- Duration 5 hours
- Level low
- Restrictions The duration of the excursion is approximate, it will be subject to the time of arrival of the ship and disembarkation of the passengers.
- Dress Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking
- Type Easy, panoramic, cultural level.
- Size Standard
- Food/Beverage Standard
- Leaves from cruise port
Come and discover Chacchoben, the largest Mayan settlement in the Los Lagos region. And also enjoy the sun and the Mexican beaches in a formidable tour.
According to the current settlers who still speak the Mayan language, the toponym of Chacchoben refers to the "Colorado Corn", although its original name is unknown. The ancient settlement had its origin more than 2,000 years ago, and the ruins that can be enjoyed today give us a very reliable idea of how this Mayan town that occupied about 70 hectares of surface developed. In addition, its fascinating environment gives the city an unparalleled magic: toucans, songbirds or iguanas live among incredible areas of fig trees, zapote and mahogany.
You will not be able to forget a tour like this. Book your place now in one of the most requested destinations in Mexico, next to the incredible ruins of Cozumel. Keep the best memory of your trip. We are waiting for you!
Arrival of the boat.
When disembarking, you have to walk to the end of the pier and arrive at the commercial area of the port. You must skirt the shops to exit to the parking area. After passing the Security Checkpoint, you must continue along the Avenida del Puerto to the replica of a Mayan pyramid. To the right of the pyramid, you will find the guide with the "Shorexc" sign.
Departure of the Excursion.
Tour of the site, where you will see:
- The Great Basamento: It must have been the main scene of ceremonial activities, both religious and secular. On one of the stairs that allow access, Monument 1 was erected, which seems to have functioned as a marker of calendrical dates associated with the equinoxes and solstices, most likely indicating the beginning of agricultural periods.
- The Set of Tracks: It is believed that it was the residence of the leading group. Inside you can see low masonry platforms, which had to support rooms of perishable materials.
- Group II: It has not been explored, but due to the magnitude of its buildings, and the distribution pattern it presents, it is very likely that it was used for housing and administrative activities.
One of the pyramids – surprisingly – still retains some of the original red paint on its walls. We will also see in one of the temples, a mural with the astronomical positions of the planet Venus. Those who have more energy can climb the imposing Gran Basamento, from which they will enjoy beautiful views.
After the visit of the Mayan Ruins, we will go to one of the beautiful beaches in the area, where you will have free time to swim, eat, shop, etc.
Return to the ship.
End of the tour.
|CHILDREN FROM 2 TO 12 YEARS OLD
|CHILDREN 0 TO 23 MONTHS
|Price of the Excursion
|Tickets & Fees
|Price per person from 20 pax
- Guide in Spanish.
- Discount for children, applied only on individual excursions.
- Not combinable with other offers.
- It is essential to send a copy of the child's Identity Document.
- From 13 years old pay like an adult.
- 5-hour excursion.
- This excursion includes time at the beach, do not forget to bring your bathing suit.
The duration of the excursion is approximate, it will be subject to the time of arrival of the ship and disembarkation of the passengers.